"In Jesus we find everything"

CONGREGATION OF THE SACRED HEARTS
of JESUS and MARY
General Government of the Brothers and Sisters, Rome

ESPAÑOL | ENGLISH | FRANÇAIS

 

Home / Congregation / Founders

Founders

Our Congregation was founded by two people, Pierre Coudrin and Henriette Aymer de la Chevalerie, to whom God conceded his grace in a special way. Since the early years and even today, we familiarly called them the "Good Father" and the "Good Mother".

On Christmas Day 1800, the founder and the foundress committed themselves to work together for the "God's work", that is, the Congregation. Pope Pius VII approved the Congregation in 1817 with the Bull "Pastor Aeternus".